Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 3

Hello again my friends!

I've been asking myself for the past week how often I plan to update this blog. When I started I figured it would be a weekly thing, then I missed a week and was left without an answer to my own question. My goal is weekly, fyi, but reality is, clearly, that may not always happen.

Did I accomplish every training session I had planned over the last two weeks? No. Did I spend more time doing things that were not necessarily getting me closer to my goal? Yes. Is this normal in my life? Yes. I've been pondering this reality since I can remember. The training life highlights this question for me because I believe there is significant value in having a balanced life, but I don't really know how one goes about accomplishing that. What I have realized is how imperfect life really is and how I will consistently face peaks and valleys in training and in life. Why is this perspective so important to me? Without it I would quit. My sinful nature screams at me to quit, to give up, to throw in the towel and walk away from all of it. The 'old man' in me still fights for life. Right now I don't understand so much of my life and relationship with God, but I know every day is new. Maybe I don't have the strength to face this day, but tomorrow comes with new mercies and joy. If I'm going to be successful I must take it one day at a time.

Highlights from training:
Ran 6 miles at 10:55/mile - very fast for me over that distance!
Found a swimming coach and learned what to work on to improve my swimming technique/speed.

Distance for week 3
S:  
5200.00 Yd
2h 02m
B: 
60.00 Mi
4h 11m 36s
R:  
6.13 Mi
1h 07m


No comments:

Post a Comment