The whole point of this blog is to keep people updated on my training journey to Ironman, but so much more is happening. The short answer is - I'm still training! Whew!
There is always way more to learn in life than I have the capacity for. I find myself often wishing I could see some awesome spiritual parallel between what I'm doing and what God is doing only to feel like I fall short in that area.
Two verses that have been important in my journey:
Hebrews 12:1-2 - since I am surrounded by such a great group of witnesses, run my race with endurance. I must throw off all the things that try to hold me down and back. I must look to Jesus who is my perfector. (my paraphrase)
Romans 5:3 - "...we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
You are my great group of witnesses and this is my attempt to run with endurance in demonstration of the work Jesus has done in me. And you can pray for me as I suffer that the character Paul is talking about would be produced in me. (I hesitate to use the word suffer. I want to recognize that I have no idea what it's really like to suffer the way Paul is referring to.) So I say suffer as I laugh to myself because I chose to inflict this on myself...bahahaha.
Here are the totals for mileage-to-date for 2013:
| 2013 totals | ||
| Bike: | 41h 09m 59s - 583.04 Mi | |
| Run: | 18h 45m 18s - 94.73 Mi | |
| Swim: | 15h 42m 58s - 34350 Yd | |
The hardest training session I've had so far was biking 56 miles, which took me 4 hours, on an indoor trainer.
FYI - questions or comments are always welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment